Wednesday 9 October 2013

It's 16:41 and I REALLY need to write my story

Okay. It's 16:21 and I REALLY need to carry on writing this story that I'm in the middle of doing. So why am I writing my blog first? Because I know that if I leave my blog till later, I'll end up not doing it.

Okay, so about this story (And why I am only about to do it now!!):

Well, the morning went surprisingly well, workwise; a maths book came in the post, so my dad gave me stuff to do from there in the morning - and it wasn't too hard, but not too easy. Then, after that, I can't really remember the order of the things I did, but I know that I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO WRITE THIS STORY SINCE THIS MORNING. 

It went something like this: my sister wanted to listen to some audio stories on Big Toe Books. But the archives weren't accessible and her and my dad spent quite a while trying to get it working. I didn't try (Well, I did, but I gave up pretty soon), because I'm not so good at that sort of thing. But I didn't do anything useful while I was waiting, because I kept thinking they'd be finished with it any moment. As it turned out, they didn't manage at all.

So then, my sister and I found this website online with lots of audio stories to listen to instead. It only had really olden day stuff, though, because it was for free, but I didn't mind that much - I mean, what do you expect? I thought Little Women would be okay, but the narrator talked slowly, and told the story really boringly, without pauses in the right places - so it was both confusing AND it made me sleepy. Also, the narrator talked quietly, so I didn't really get what she was saying. So I stopped the recording. 

I thought Beowolf sounded pretty good, but first I had to check if it was age appropriate because there was a picture of a naked woman above the audio bar (You couldn't see her clearly though.) It turned out that yes, it was, very much so. And the internet was SUPER slow while I was looking it up - urgh!! I did some drawing with charcoal while listening, but that got a little bit uninteresting after 'd filled up a page. We began listening, but my sister said she didn't like it (It was in very weird old English) so we started listening to Emma, by Jane Austen. My sister said it was really boring; we changed audio books. And we spent ages changing audio books, with the internet being really slow, and having to move the computer closer and adjust the volume because the narrators talked quietly, and me pausing it to get my Magnum out of the freezer to see if it had re-frozen enough yet, and with my sis (Or me) getting bored of something, or not liking it - and it was all just so pointless and annoying.

In the end, we didn't listen to anything fully; my sister decided to choose something from Storynory. And I didn't do anything while we were listening, because how could I write my story while listening to another one? And I wasn't drawing, because I'd done some already, and got bored of it.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to write about lunch. Before the audio-book, "Channel surfing" I made prawns fried in butter with pepper and parsley (Or was it coriander?...) and the butter burned (So I added oil) but it was still very tasty. We had it with leftover pilau rice from last night's dinner (Delicious! My mum's a great cook) and leftover white rice. And spinach heated up from frozen (Which wasn't very nice - it was more than edible but something went wrong, I don't know what.)* It was all lovely, but *alas,* it took up time!

Then I spent a long time trying to find a certain tutorial for making newspaper roses, but I didn't make them in the end because they'll just end up cluttering the house once everyone's admired them a bit.

So now I am going to write my story!!!!!!!


*I don't know why I wrote that paragraph - No one cares what I had for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment