Friday 4 October 2013

What I DEFINITELY didn't want - and new headphones!!

I've wanted a good pair of headphones for 180 days. About. Not just a good pair, but a good-looking pair as well. The reason why I wanted them is because I have an electronic drumkit at home - and earphones are just too flimsy for that. And now I have the head phones. Actually, I don't think I'd been wanting head phones for that long, more that I vaguely sort of wished I had a pair, but the idea was more sort of floating in the air. When my birthday came up, I went with my mum to the mall in Wood Green to check out the head phones they had there, and I told her which ones I liked. There were some really bright pink ones which I told her I DEFINITELY didn't want, and there were some paler pink ones which I DEFINITELY, definitely did not want. There was a simple black pair which looked quite good. The other ones were a bit expensive, and I thought they didn't go as well with my drumkit. We didn't buy the headphones on the day; the point was just to tell my mum which ones I liked so that she could pick one of them and surprise me on my birthday.

On my birthday, I got the pair of headphones! (Surprise, surprise.) It turned out that they were actually from my aunt, who lives in Malaysia, but my got them from the shop (Living in England, she is closer to it than my aunt.)

The headphones (SkullCandy) are a lightish shade of blue and are adjuststable. They look really great, and they work very well too. The wire is really cool, because it looks like string. Unfortunately it's a bit short for the drumkit. Fortunately, an extension cable's just arrived in the post (Bought by my dad - surprisingly soon after I asked for one!)

The weird thing about the headphones is that they worked once plugged into my Nokia phone - but now they don't!! I have no idea why! 

Anyway, they came with a couple of stickers, which you can take a photo of and send to SkullCandy - and SkullCandy say they might send you something too, if your photo is good.  So I'm going to do that. They also came with a SkullCandy stencil, for you to spray paint onto things, and I think you can send them a photo of that too: Clever marketing: You advertise their products, they get you hooked by sending you more.



No comments:

Post a Comment