Thursday 5 September 2013

What I've been doing lately - and why I don't like buying books

Lately I haven't been doing many academic things. Drawing and seeing friends mainly. In the last five days I've seen the same friends every day! That might not sound so strange to you, as most people see the same friends every day at school, but because I'm home-schooled, I usually see lots of different people. Anyway, I hadn't seen these friends in about three months, and then I saw them, and then we did sleepovers at each other's houses every day. It's been fun because I finally got to see them, and because it's a change from what I usually do.

The drawing's mostly been happening before I did the sleepovers, and I've already done a post about that: DRAWIIIIIIING lately

I've also been reading. My mum took me to FOYLES to see my friends, and we sat there together and read books. That sounds really boring, but it isn't actually. I started reading a really good book but I've forgotten the name of it. Luckily I asked my mum to take a picture of the cover with her phone, so I can look for the book in the library later. I don't get, "Buying books." Fine, I get it if I'm buying books as presents for people, or if the books aren't available in the library. But why crowd your house and spend a ton of money if you can just borrow the books? Our house has a ton of books that are ours, and they get everywhere and end up cluttering the place, because certain people don't put books back on our book shelves. If you go to the library, you can totally avoid that and return books when your house starts to get messy. 

After we went to the bookshop, we went to China town and my mum bought me this delicious Asian drink with lemongrass and basil seeds. The seeds were little and black and had jelly around them, so they looked like frog eggs. The drink they were in was green, so it looked like pond water. However, the drink did not taste like pond water with frog eggs in it (Not that I've tasted either of those) ; it tasted really sweet and refreshing.

What I really need to be doing is drumming and replying to emails. My drumming starts again on Friday the 13th (Spooky! Maybe Dracula will come for a djembe workshop...) so I should ideally practice before then (I haven't drummed at all this week!!) About the emails, I am tired of writing emails. I didn't check my mail for a few days, then I checked it and I had a ton of unread emails. I read them and then quickly closed my laptop and tried not to think about replying; on email replying days I usually sit in front of the computer for an hour and a half typing, and then the days is nearly gone and I have a stiff back and a sore neck. Then, about a week later I checked my mail again and there were some more emails (Which I didn't reply to) so I will try to reply soon.

So that's what I've been doing lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment