Sunday 8 September 2013

Daily Activities (That aren't daily anymore)

Ok, I meant to post this ages ago. I'm not sure if I posted it or not in the end, but I just found it saved on Textedit, so I'm posting it in case I haven't already. An important thing: I wrote this a while ago, before the Summer holidays, and after the holidays, A LOT OF MY CLASSES ARE GOING TO CHANGE. So very soon this will be out of date.

Before drumkit class (On the same day) I volunteer at a charity shop shop for about three hours. I mainly tidy up but occasionally I do other things, like pricing books and operating the cash machine.

On Wednesdays I have drawing class. There are lots of other kids at drawing class, and two teachers. It's definitely the biggest of the classes I go to.

Later on that day I have dunnun class. There are only two people counting me who go there. It's only an hour long because it's meant as training for Friday and Saturday drums.

My Friday drum class is run by the same guy who does the Wednesday one. Both adults and children go to the class. And the kind of drum we do is djembe, as I'm sure you know from earlier posts. Djembe is a kind of drum originally from West Africa (Guinea, Ivory coast, Senegal etc.) but now people play it in most parts of the world. Unlike Drumkit and Dunnun, Djembe is a kind of drum you hit with your hands. It is made out of hollowed out wood with an animal skin stretched over it, and shaped a little like an hourglass.

On Fridays I also have a Capoeira class (Before drumming.) I only started about six weeks ago. It's a very small group but more people have been joining lately.

On Saturday I have a dunnun and djembe class with a few other kids. It, too is run by the guy who does the Wednesday classes.


My only free days are Tuesday and Thursday - and Sunday - but it doesn't really feel like I have that many classes. Probably because the classes don't last the whole day - 1 1/2 hours on average. And I don't get tired of the classes because I don't have school on top of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment