Thursday 11 April 2013

Art!

Last night I stayed up doing art journaling. As I have said in an earlier post, I have a mixed media art journal. That's the one I was doing last night. At first, there was just a kind of bad sketch of a book, but that soon got covered up in red, yellow and purple acrylic paint. Then I added some gesso on top (Which is meant to be used to prime a page) using the dry brush technique. The dry brush technique is, like its name states, a technique in which you don't use any water; just paint. Even then, you don't put a lot of paint on the page - it's meant to look a bit messy and of course, dry. I also stuck on some photo copies of those things that you used to have to display in your car - they're these small circular pieces of paper that you had to put in a transparent pouch in your front window. I don't know what they're called! Then I stuck on some chocolate wrappers, and a picture my sister drew - and coloured everything in. This morning I carried on.

Yesterday, I also did a fashion drawing in my new fashion book. My mum bought the book for me a few days ago when we went to a shop called, "Cass Art." Today I'll do another drawing in it.

Today I finished this sketch that I started a few weeks ago. It was of a sculpture my mum made in her art class that she used to attend. Before, when I'd started it, I used a graphite pencil, but today I carried on with a piece of compressed charcoal, because you can be freer with it.

I am carrying on with art...

No comments:

Post a Comment