Wednesday 10 April 2013

LIBERTY scarves

My mother and I wanted to show a guest of ours a shop called Liberty. Liberty is a well known british brand that is sells scarves made by famous designers. The style is very distinctive; flowery, colourful and flowing. The shop doesn't just sell scarves, but they were the thing that caught my attention.

When we stepped in, I saw that there were scarves everywhere (All really bright and busy); hanging from the walls, in baskets, hanging from pillars. Some of them were in large metal baskets with the names of their designers above them.
http://www.weebirdy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ss12libe174020470-red-800x960.jpg
Photo of a Liberty scarf (taken from www. weebirdy.com)
Everything inside the shop was really expensive; small bandanas cost 65 - 95 pounds, scarves even more. There were some cool hats as well - I didn't see the price tags, but I'm guessing they had way higher numbers than 65 or 95 on them. Most of the people in Liberty looked like they weren't going to buy anything; they were just touching and trying things on - I'm not surprised; I have seen much more expensive things in my life, but they weren't little scarves.

Surprisingly, chocolates in the shop were much more modestly priced (Relatively). They were good quality chocolates, too, and some of them were Rococco (My favourite brand). I wouldn't mind spending some of my money on those.


There was a part of the shop that just sold stationary, but it wasn't as interesting as the other parts. Some things were a bit cool; I preferred the scarves.


By looking on the official website, I found some ways to style the scarves. Obviously, you don't need a Liberty branded scarf to do these styles, so I'm going to try with my scarves at home.

I noticed that one of the styles (The plait) is very similar to a way that I sometimes do one of my scarves at home, but I'm still going to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment