Tuesday 11 December 2012

Duolingo

Duolingo is a website for learning languages. There are only a few languages you can learn on duolingo, but you can learn well on it. I joined the website last week because I've started learning French (We're going to the French Alps for Christmas).

Duolingo is similar to the language learning program called "Rosetta Stone". I prefer it though because it doesn't make a horrible sound when you get something wrong, and it has explanations in English. Also, it has a picture of an owl smiling when you get something right, and has words like "Well done".

The website is a little bit like a game because you can unlock lessons and levels. That's also why I like it. So far, I've unlocked five lessons, and I am on level four or five.

When doing a lesson, you start off with four hearts.  Getting a question wrong loses you a heart, and when all the hearts are gone, you have to start again. It is only possible to get up to the next level if you have a certain number of points, and in order to accumulate theses you must to practice lessons. For these there are three hearts, and you can choose whether or not to be timed.

A quick way to get up to the next level is to do a test and get most of the answers correct. There are three chances to do this on each level.

Learning French has been going really well for me lately. I'll be doing more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment