Tuesday 4 December 2012

Bruce Castle Exhibition

Last week I went to an exhibition at Bruce Castle museum, which is where I do drawing classes every Wednesday. At the first term I did the class, one of the activities that I did was drawing a statue of a person's head. Paper with watercolour washes were available to do drawing on, so I chose one with a dark background because I thought it looked the nicest. I chose a graphite stick as well, and drew the head, which was slightly difficult, as it was tilting a bit. When I'd done that, I used some white crayon to show that there was light reflected on one side. The drawing is one of my favourites, so when I heard that there was going to be an exhibition of art from my drawing class, I picked that picture to be in in.

My favourite part of the exhibition were the tortilla chips, but the drawings were pretty good too. Mine was at the end, but it's quite bold so I could see it easily. In my opinion, one of the best drawings was one of part of the museum. Its really detailed and covers quite a wide space.

One of the people who came to the exhibition was the head of the childrens' Prince's Drawing School classes. Mum and I chatted to him, and also to most of the other adults who were still there after the tortilla crisps had finished.

There will be another exhibition, so I'd like to enter some of my work into it. Maybe that drawing again, or maybe something else. I'll keep drawing to keep up my practice. In fact, I've got to do some now. Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment