Monday 3 December 2012

Meeting homeschooling couchsurfers

Last week my dad drove us for two hours and fifteen minutes to get to to the house of some Italian couchsurfers on the other side of London. The journey was supposed to be one hour and fifteen minutes, but we followed the SatNav instead of our intuition.

When we arrived, the whole family (Including their seriously cute kitten) came to the door to greet us. There were three girls aged eight, eleven and twelve, and their parents. Now their kids go to school because they have moved to London and want to meet more children here, but they used to homeschool while they were still in Italy, which is one reason we wanted to meet each other.

After we'd greeted each other they led us to the TV/ Living/ Playing room where we played a game called "Twister" which I don't think I'd played before, but I'd heard of it. When we finished that game, we played on their Wii set. My family don't own a Wii set, and I usually think it's really boring, but it wasn't when we played it at their house. 

At lunchtime, I walked into the dining room and saw the most delicious looking foods. There were about five different salads, and they were all really colourful and nicely laid out. I had some orange and onion salad with the main dish, vegeterian lasagne (Yay, I spelt lasagne right first time!) and a piece of toast. The lasagne was really tasty. Usually I don't like the idea of vegeterian food because it has canned beans in it most of the time, but it was super nice this time.

After lunch we played with the Wii again, and with the kitten, who is really small. When we got tired we went upstairs and played with some dolls.

A few hours after we got to their house, we were joined by another homeschooling family with a son and a daughter. The twelve year old (Alice) and eight year old (Bea)  played with them, and my sister and I played with Zoe and the kitten upstairs. We chatted with her a long time, and got to know her better than we knew her sisters, but it would be nice to spend more time with Bea and Alice as well next time we see each other.

At about eight or nine we left their house and went home taking a much shorter route. I think we're seeing them again in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment