Friday 6 July 2012

Borough market

On Friday we went to Borough Market. There were so many stalls, and a lot of them had a string of bulbs hanging across them.

The market seemed bigger than I remembered it to be. Some of the stalls were indoors, and some were outdoors. We bought some raclette from one of the outdoor stalls. Raclette is a Swiss dish. It's made up of potato, melted cheese and pickle. I like the way the cheese is melted. A round of cheese is cut in half. One half is stored away, and the other is put on the counter to be used. The part of the one on the counter that doesn't have any cheese, is melted and then scraped onto a plate of potato and pickles.
We bought some ice-cream too. It wasn't normal, boring ice-cream; it was real Italian gelato. It was really creamy. As well as ice-cream, we bought the juciest cherries. They were bright red, and very sweet. Another dish we bought was Thai curry. It was less spicy than usual, but still spicy, so I could manage eating it, a little bit of it at a time. There were prawns, squid and pieces of chicken in the curry, and loads of coconut milk. We also bought felafel. The felafel balls were very crispy, so I liked them more than usual. There was some ice tea at one stall, too. I bought some, because it wasn't very expensive. The tea wasn't as sweet as I'd expected, and to be honest, I was a little disappointed. I told my dad, and he said that there was some sugar at the iced tea stall. I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed the sugar, but I was also relieved that there was sugar. I put some into the tea, and squirted some into my sister's mouth. The only reason that I squirted some, and not a lot, was because I was worried about the shopkeepers seeing us. Then, my sister decided that she wanted our mum to take a photograph of us with the sugar. After the photograph had been taken, we went back to our dad, who was looking at another stall. as we were walking to our dad, I saw the shopkeepers talking about the sugar-squirting incident. Luckily, they didn't seem angry about it; they seemed like they found it funny.


Here are some photos taken at Borough Market:















No comments:

Post a Comment