Saturday 30 June 2012

The open house 2012

Last weekend my mum had an Open House to show her artwork. It was part of an Art and Music Trail called AP and Beyond and it was organised by Everyone's Climbing Tree.


Our upstairs neighbour and friend had an Open House as well. It was really annoying because loads of people rung on our doorbell asking for her, because they thought it was her house. We had to keep telling them that our house wasn't our neighbour's, but they were welcome to come in anyway, to see my mum's art. Some people were really rude. Well, they didn't actually say anything rude, but they didn't even try to pretend to be interested in her art. It wasn't because my mum's art was boring at all; it was just that a lot of the people who came were the type of people who didn't like abstract art. There were still quite a few who did, though. One guy looked an art video that my mum had made, for quite a while. He was the only one who looked at the video that first day.


On the second day of the Open House my sister and I were invited to a birthday party of our friend Matthew's so we missed the exhibition. My parents said lots of people came but it was lucky I was not home because it was so busy and there were lots of small children I would have found potentially annoying!


The weeks hard work because we were in the middle of painting our flat and decided to concentrate only on the part front part. But because we were part of a mini-trail called Alice in Recycle-Land it was exciting too. We were responsible for Tweedledum and Tweedledee and were going to do a grafitti of them on the front of our house but it had been raining and we did not want the chalk and chalk pastels to run so we found an old door and drew each tweedle on top of one another. I am quite proud of it.


Someone we knew bought one of Mum's paintings soon afterwards. I quite enjoyed the open house, but I don't know whether I'd like to be there next time if my mum does it.


Exhibition visitors.

More visitors.

Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee

One of the paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment