Tuesday 26 June 2012

The gala

I got into the swimming gala. When I heard the news, I wasn't sure whether to be happy or not, because I knew it would be stressful if I got in. Anyway, I got to be in two races. Race 1 was a length of backstroke. My competitors all had nice smiles, but, I came second to last. We got handed these tiny laminated pieces of card with the numbers that we came in written on them. We had to take them to this table that had grumpy-looking people sitting behind them. The jobs of the grumpy looking people were to record what order everyone came in, and what schools they were from. There was a ton of waiting around to do before the gala began, and also before it was time for me to do my second race. The second race that I was in was a two person relay, back-stroke. I didn't win that one either, but I didn't get told what number I came. 


Our school didn't win the gala, but no-one came last in any of the races.


When we got back to school, I thought everyone would want to know the results. Only one or two people asked me, and they didn't seem happy or sad about the results.


Within a few days, everyone forgot about the gala. 

No comments:

Post a Comment