Tuesday 22 May 2012

Princes School Drawing Club


A few weeks ago I started attending an art club at Bruce Castle Museum. We've been focusing on drawing fabric and drawing people in movement. 

The first time I went, we drew objects that  were covered in cloth. We then took the pieces of cloth off the objects, and drew them again.

Last time I went, we drew from a moving video of a lady doing a whirling dervish dance. A whirling dervish dance is a sufi spiritual practice. I've been to see one before in Turkey. Anyway, at the drawing class, different people decided to represent the movement in different ways. Some drew the overlapping images of the lady, so it looked like she had lots of arms and legs. Others did different pictures of her all over the page. Others (like me) drew different images in a line across the page. I've got my next class tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment