Thursday 24 November 2011

I've had enough of book club

I used to always look forward to book club. Now after almost three years, have had enough.


Reasons:


1. The other girls who go there are a lot older than me and somehow always seem to write amazing reviews. This sometimes makes me feel like my reviews are inferior to theirs.


2. When I read a book, I like to take my time and enjoy reading it in little bits; at book club I have to rush through it.


3. Because, like I said before, the girls there are older than me, the person running the book club chooses books that are more suited to their interests than to mine.


4. I prefer choosing a book myself than having someone give me a book to read because if I do not like it, I can't put it down.


5. When I read a story from book club, I can't read any other book at the same time because I will end up reading only the book of my choice an I will forget about the one from the club and remember when it's too late.


6. I would prefer to have an option whether to write a review or just talk about the book.


7. The leader of the book club asks me questions in a vocabulary I do not understand.


I have so many books of my own I want to read, and I can do book reviews without having book club to make me write reviews; I think I will go to one last meeting and close that book :D

No comments:

Post a Comment