Sunday 20 November 2011

Art and Stew

We went to a boring talk at the British Museum about an artist called Grayson Perry. We found a programme about it on BBC iPlayer which was much better. The programme was interesting and funny. The artist said that cuddly toys were similar to god and that his teddy bear Alan Measles was a god that he worshipped. I thought that crazy!


This week we went to a few exhibitions. The first one was a rude one that I didn't understand. The artist had a model of himself on a stage and pews for the public to sit on and look at him and he called it "The King."


Then we went nearby to a market. There were some some really cool stalls, one of which had a fossilised bear claw, lots of fish fossils, thousands of years old, and many different crystals from around the world. Another stall sold old coins and one sold unusual flavours of tea. I enjoy walking around market stalls because a lot of the time there are a lot of cool things you don't see in other places and I like to see the things to see what I can come back to get with my birthday money.


The next exhibition was about five minutes' walk away. It was made up of various pieces of furniture, all the same style. The exhibition was called "Steam" and I think it's because of the shape of the furniture which was beautiful and curvy and made from the walnut tree. I sat to draw one of the chairs. My mum only had one pen with her for me to draw with; luckily it was brown, the same colour as the chair.




We went upstairs to see some paintings and sculptures. I liked the sculptures more than the paintings. They were more unusual.
The name of the artist was Frank Stella.






On our way back to the station, we walked past Godiva's and offered a free sample of Christmas white chocolate. I was surprised when I bit into it because it had some milk chocolate inside it. It was delicious. I saved a piece for my sister.


I got hungry. I had the most delicious burger in Carnaby Street, and then we went to sniff some perfumes. The woman there told us the price of the larger bottles of perfume. I wasn't sure if she said £19 or £90 but I decided to believe that it was £19. My favourite scent was "Figue" and my least favourite was "Rose." One of them was called "Cedar" and it reminded me of a cottage in the woods. The lady sprayed some samples on thin pieces of card and I am using them as bookmarks. I actually found out they were £90. That must be why we didn't buy any!


Stew is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment