Sunday 23 February 2014

Drumming update (For like the millionth time)

Still doing drumming - just three times a week now. As you know about why I quit Batala Why I stopped going to Batala, I don't have to explain about that. So I'll just give you an update about the rest of my drumming. 

Drum kit suddenly got harder. I'm learning more about actually reading the notes. I'm learning new symbols and how to read those. Obviously I can't play like Ginger Baker or Jen Ledger, but you know, I'm getting there... :-) ...

Djembe... I'm pretty sure I said this before, but I'm now doing teenage drumming on Wednesday, and also, "normal" drumming on Friday. "Teenage drumming," isn't really some special exclusive drumming group for adolescents! It's actually a really funny name, "Teenage drumming." It's just a small, focused drum group, mainly with 12 - 16 year-olds. But you learn a lot there, like a lot.

Right now in teenage drumming we're doing a rhythm called, "Macrou." You can google it for more info. I know that's really mean of me, like telling you abut this drum rhythm and then suddenly making you google it yourself, but the truth is, I don't know much about the rhythm myself! I mean I know how to play it, but I've forgotten the background story that my teacher told me about it! Also, if you want to hear how it sounds, you can google it.

ER... yeah, that's about it.

Seeya!

No comments:

Post a Comment