Tuesday 15 October 2013

Chinese shop in Turnpike lane

There is a Chinese shop in Turnpike Lane that me and my family go to every so often. I love Chinese/ Oriental shops because they are a bit like museums in that they are full of exotic and interesting things. When I say museums, I'm not talking about galleries with two or three cool asian pictures and ten not-so-cool ones; I'm talking about unusual, fascinating, engrossing museums, packed with... different, novel things. This shop is quite small, but it's still fun to look around in. Here are some of the things you find there.

1. Giant prawns
GIANT prawns!!
2. Snails!


 3. Chicken feet!!

4. Some kind of shell fish

5. Crabs. They are still alive when they are put there!

6. Flavoured watermelon seeds.

Five spice flavoured watermelon seeds.
6. Cool canned drinks
Help! I can't close my mouth!!

Looks like it's infectious.

7. Purple rice porridge.




8. "Grass" jelly drink. It means lemon grass!

9. Tadpole egg drink... just kidding.



Those little tadpole-egg - looking things that I've circled in black are basil seeds. They are soft and jelly-like on the outside and crunchy inside. The drink is flavoured with honey.

10. Fruity curry sauce.



11. Eel






12. STUDENT ONLY vegetables!

13. Canned things

 

14. And just so I don't end with number 13...



Taro chips and green tea pumpkin seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment