Saturday 13 July 2013

The recording studio (Boring name for a post but not so boring post - hopefully...)

My mum's friend is a singer and songwriter. She has her own radio station and I went with my mum and sister to watch her talking for the radio. I thought it would be an interview but I was pleasantly surprised to find it was songs. 

We had been warned not to talk in the recording studio so when we got there we were making sure to be extremely quiet. We crept into the room -  but it turned out we could have been louder, because my mum's friend was currently playing a pre-recorded song, and no-one could have heard us if we'd spoken, anyway. Jeez, that was the longest sentence on the planet. 

My mum, my sister and I were immediately introduced to two of my mum's friend's friends. Okay, that might be really confusing but I always try not to say anyone's names on my blog. So I hope you understand it! Anyway, the two ladies who we were introduced to were going to do a few pieces together on the radio (One is a singer and one is a songwriter) so we listened to them as well - and they were great! We had a song from my mum's friend (Of course) which was stuck in my head for ages after we'd left the studio. But before that, my mum's friend asked my sister and I to recite a poem - on the radio!! Beforehand, when we had been told not to be noisy in the studio, my mum had jokingly sent a text to her friend saying, "OK. I'll make sure the girls don't recite a poem while you're trying to talk on the radio." But her friend hadn't even seen the text, so it was a bit weird that she'd got the idea to ask us. 

So we had one (Kinda failed) practice session, and then we started with the poem (The jabberwock.) The guitarist in the room played into the microphone while we were reciting, which made the poem sound a hundred times better - seriously. I think the guitar has magic powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment