Friday 16 November 2012

Sketching in the past few days


Since my art class has started after half term, I've done more drawing at home. Most of the drawings I've done lately have been of things from the kitchen like a bottle of olive oil, and interesting dishes that I've found in the cupboards. Some of my drawings are really scribbly like the teapot below, but others are smoother like the one of the terracotta dish. I prefer the scribbly ones because they've got more character, but its harder to show shading on them.

The week before last one of my art teachers told me to be more aware of the edge of the paper, and not have my drawings floating in the middle of the paper, so that's why I've shaded round the edge of the page. Now I actually think it distracts from the actual drawing, so next time I think it would be a good idea to shade more lightly round the edge.

Last week we drew from black and white films without sound, and tried to show the movement of the people. I'm going to try practice that soon if I have time.


                                                                 Sketch of a teapot




                                                             A terracotta dish

Today my dad taught me how to upload photos onto the computer, and copy them onto my blog. I haven't yet learnt how to control whether the colour is back and white or in colour, but I'll ask my dad soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment