Monday 29 October 2012

Voluntary work in charity shop (3)

The third time I did work in the charity, both my mother and sister accompanied me. 

First, like usual we checked for clothes hangers. 

Afterwards, I priced some of the new books. For that, as well as deciding the price and writing it down, I had to write my initials, the year and the month. The reason being that it is important to know how long books have been up on the shelves if they haven't been sold, and also if one of the people working there is pricing thing a little too high or too low, one of the managers can have a word with them on how to adjust their prices.

Shelves can easily get messy, but most of the time, they can easily get tidied; my mother and rearranged one of the shelves, and I stuffed the boots on it with plastic bags so that they stood up and looked nicer.

Another thing I did was put the scarves so that they could be more easily seen. While I was doing that, a lady walked in with a really cute little dog. My sister and I stroked it and it was so soft! I hope it comes again one of the days I'm there. That reminds me that I might be doing work in the shop on some Fridays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment