Tuesday 2 October 2012

Electronic drumkit

One or two days before my birthday, I walked into the living room to find a bed sheet draped over something, completely covering in. My dad immediately told me no to go near it, telling me it was one of my birthday presents. I spent the next two days guessing what was underneath it, and resisting the urge to pull off the cover.

When it finally was my birthday, I was excited to find that I could see what the mystery present was. Pulling off the bed sheet revealed something that looked like a photography set with a few tripods. Then, I realised that it more like a DJ set, but a very strange one. Finally, I realised that it was an electronic drum kit, something I'd been wanting a long time, as I do drum kit lessons.

My sister and I spent the whole morning making an awful racket playing with the drum kit, and giving my mum a headache.

As I've forgotten how to put a photo onto my blog, I'm going to describe the kit:

It has a hi-hat, two cymbals, a snare drum and the other drums that drum kits usually have. It also has 20 settings for what you want the whole drum kit to sound like. The best of the settings is,"Guitars?!?", but, "Jazz" is okay too. The kit has lots of wires, and can be connected to the hi-fi, or used with earplugs or headphones. The hi-hat sounds completely different on the electronic drum kit to the original one. I'd prefer it to sound like the original one. The set comes with a stool to sit on while you play.

 I think my drumming is going to get really good because I can practice at home for my lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment