Tuesday 31 July 2012

Last day of school

It's the holidays now, but because I'm in year six, I won't be going to Bounds Green School anymore when they're over because Bounds Green is a primary school. Most of the people in year six are going to a secondary school called A.P.S. I've chosen to homeschool.


The last day of school was sad, but I didn't cry. We each got these little autograph books and got our friends and some teachers to sign them for us so that we could remember them. Most of us brought white T-shirts as well to get people to sign and write messages on.


The teachers gave everyone in year six a mini dictionary to take with them to secondary school.


One of the staff in the school is called Tess. She used to give me Tic-Tacs when I was in year five. Because I had some sweets in my bag, I gave her one of them. She seemed really pleased, and said that you could only get them in Ireland, so I gave her three more. When I asked her whether she was from Ireland, she said yes. I'd always wondered where she was from because she didn't sound English. She was one of the people who signed my autograph book.


Anne was another person who signed my autograph book. She also works at the school, and I used to chat with me a lot, often about books because she often saw me reading. Once she gave me a book called, "The Pirates In An Adventure With Scientists." I asked her where she was from, and she also said Ireland!


There is a girl in my school who really likes apples, and she signed my shirt with a picture of an apple.


At the end of the day my teacher gave us all medals made out of chocolate. Then, we went downstairs and said a last goodbye to everyone before leaving.


I'm quite pleased I decided to go to school for the last two years, but I'm looking forward to homeschooling as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment