Monday 11 June 2012

Tomato plants

Because halloumi cheese is one of my favourite foods, I decided to make myself a special halloumi breakfast a few weeks ago. Obviously, a piece of halloumi wouldn't be as tasty on its own as with tomatoes, so I cut open a tomato to have with it. Inside the tomato, the seeds were already sprouting! I guessed that this was because the tomato had been sitting in the sun for ages, and while it had been sitting there, it had been ripening.

I scooped out the seeds, and put them in a glass, intending to plant them later. After  a few hours, I had another look at the seeds. They had grown some more. I decided that I should plant them as soon as possible, otherwise I would never get round to planting them, and they would die.

Nearly as soon as I planted them, they grew some more. Now there are baby tomato plants growing near the window in our kitchen. I can't wait to be able to harvest the fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment