Tuesday 12 June 2012

Sea-monkey babies

Until recently, the sea-monkeys hadn't been doing very well; most of them died, and the algae wasn't growing. The sea-monkey population just kept shrinking, and I wasn't allowed to buy them the the special sea-monkey medicine because it was too expensive. I didn't know what to do.

Then, I had an idea. I decided to put the tank near a sunny window, and aerate the water. I fed the sea-monkeys, and left them for a while. When I looked at the tank a few weeks later, there was algae and there were babies. There have been baby sea-monkeys before, but they all died. These ones have survived so far. I hope they'll stay living for very long, and grow to the size of the adults. They've actually grown a little already.

Writing about sea-monkeys has reminded me that a some months ago I did a project about them. We were told to do a non-chronological report about an animal of our choice, and I did one about sea-monkeys. Other people chose ordinary animals like tigers, so I got a star for choosing an animal that not many people had heard about.

I've left the tank in the sunlight, and I'm going to check on the sea-monkeys soon, and see whether they've grown bigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment