Thursday 26 January 2012

London Streetfood Bank Part 4

I went with my mum to collect and distribute sandwiches from Pret yesterday. Usually in other branches, the staff are snappy and act like it is a hassle letting us into the shop when it  has already closed, but in this shop, the staff were really friendly; they smiled at us and even gave me and my mum a hot wrap each for us to eat. That made me smile.

When we went to the Strand to distribute the sandwiches, some of the people kept asking for a different flavour sandwich to what we were offering them. At first, I thought that they were just being fussy; if they have been hungry all day, why can't they just appreciate what they have been given, instead of being difficult and asking for something else? But then, I thought, ''Why can't they choose what they want. If people like us, who aren't as hungry as them can choose what kind of sandwich we want, why can't they?"

Each time I do the sandwich run I learn something new that helps me to see things differently.








No comments:

Post a Comment