Sunday 9 September 2012

I've been drawing a lot lately

Since being given a new sketchbook at WEHEC, I've been drawing more than I usually do, which is a good habit to get into. I try to take the sketch book wherever I go in case there is something interesting that I want to draw. I'm confident that my drawings aren't childish and scribbly, which pleases me, but still, I'd like to make them a bit more accurate. I find it hard to draw things quickly and neatly at the same time, so that's something I need a little more practice  on. 

When we went to Camden market (Which is one of my favourite places in London) I brought my sketchbook with me to see if there was anything interesting and easy enough to draw. There wasn't much, but on the way  I stopped to draw a shoe in the window of a charity shop. Having taken a whole fifteen minutes to draw the shoe, I'm not terribly pleased with what was achieved, but at least it looks something like what it was meant to be. 

At the market, there were a few pictures that I did, but they were of colourful patterns, not detailed sketches (No, they weren't scribbles; they were abstract).

Only when we got home did I draw something that I'd seen at Camden, which was one of the metal, hanging optical illusions. It's ok, not terrible, not great. I'm more pleased with my other drawings in the book which include one of a yurt and one of a car, which are probably my favourites.

I'll definitely keep on drawing to practice getting my speed up, and to fill my sketchbook as I'm about halfway through.


No comments:

Post a Comment