Tuesday 29 May 2012

This week some of the people in year six in my school did a swimming test to get into a gala. I didn't really want to be in the gala because I thought training would be stressful, but I had to do the test anyway.


The people in year six who had their red certificate and any certificate above that, went to the swimming pool early to race against each other and see if we were fast enough to be in the gala. I was one of those people. We were split into groups of about six and had to race the people in our group. Each group consisted of only girls or only boys. 


There were three races: front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke. We only did breaststroke if we had our orange certificate or above. The teachers timed us and wrote down the order people came in for their groups (first, second, third etc.) and how long they took.
I came third for front crawl and first for backstroke and breaststroke. I don't know whether I'll be in the gala  yet, though...   

No comments:

Post a Comment