Saturday 24 March 2012

This week I went to school for an extra half day because I wanted to carry on making my papier mache mask. I also had to take in my homework, which was supposed to be a poster with pictures and writing about a particular interest or hobby of mine. I'd chosen photography. We'd each been given two A3 pieces of paper in case we made a mistake, on one, but I glued them together because I couldn't fit everything in on one. My mom and I both thought that people were going to be annoying and say something like, "You're not supposed to do that, you have to do it on one piece of paper", so she prepared me with all sorts of answers if someone said that.

When I went into class, everyone was surprised to see me because I don't usually come to school on Fridays. When they saw my poster, lots of people said they really liked it. NO-ONE made any comment about how I wasn't supposed to use both pieces of paper! When I put it down, one of my classmates went up to it and said,"Wow". One girl asked me how long I'd spent doing it, and someone came up to me and said that it was "Sick"(Sick is a cool way of saying, "cool").

When I started carrying on doing my mask, I chatted with the girls who were on my table about Flexi-schooling. They also told me that the whole class, including me were going to  run a mile round the playground that day. I was surprised because I'd thought that they'd already done the running before I'd got there. A few minutes before we were told that it was time to do the running, I had a small argument with a girl who wasn't being very nice to me. I don't really want to write about the argument, though, because a lot of posts in this blog complain about people.

One mile is five laps around our school playground. We didn't have to run. We could hop, skip, jump, or walk.

The first lap that I ran there was easy. The second was hard. Very hard. I walked most of the third one. The fourth, I only walked. For the fifth, I walked and jogged. I drank a lot of water after that.

After we ran, we went back into the classroom to carry on our masks. We made more features by shaping pulp into eyes, ears, mouths, and whatever features we wanted. We secured them to the masks with tissue paper, which we stuck over them, and onto the masks.

I had a really good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment