Saturday 31 December 2011

Sea Monkeys

For christmas I got a sea monkey set. I put the eggs into the tank with some water on Christmas day and was confused when I saw that the sea monkeys weren't hatching before my eyes like everyone said they would. Instead the water just looked cloudy and I could see little white things floating around in it. A few days ago I checked the tank and to my surprise, I saw a baby sea monkey swimming around. When I looked more closely, I saw some more of them.


On the packet, it said that you mustn't feed the sea monkeys until five days after they hatch, so I'm looking forward to five days passing because I'll be able to see if they all swim to the food and fight over eating it, or just carry on swimming and nibble on the bits of food whenever they feel slightly peckish.


Before I got them, I'd been wanting sea monkeys for a very long time. The descriptions on the Hawkins Bazaar catalogue made sea monkeys sound really fascinating, and they are.


 I'll do another post on sea monkeys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment