Wednesday 5 October 2011

Nearly Soup

I got back from school feeling tired, cold and hungry. There was no food ready, and to make it worse, I had just come from swimming and my hair was wet. I felt a bit tired of school today; it's always the same. I don't like singing assembly, the structure of the day, the teaching assistant from another class. Sometimes it feels like a different world and I am the same as everyone else there, and no-one cares about what I really want to do.


Today when I came back from school I saw my mum taking a tray out of the oven. It had an onion, cut in half, sweet potatoes, half a chilli two halves of a butternut, one of them containing a garlic bulb in the hollow where the seeds had been scooped out. My mum said she was going to make soup. I ate some sweet potato slices and offered to help her make the soup.



No comments:

Post a Comment