Friday 14 October 2011

I won't get out of bed (Short story)

I woke to the sound of church bells ringing. "Funny," I thought to myself, seeing that there were no church bells nearby.Then I remembered the new alarm setting: church bells. I sat up and switched the iPod off. Then I slunk back under the covers, willing myself to go back to sleep.

My thoughts would not obey me. "There is washing up to do, come on, before you're even more tired," they told me.
"Washing up," I thought. "I won't bother getting up for that."

My thoughts tugged me into a sitting positing and tried to pull me, like a magnet, out of bed. Almost immediately my stronger thoughts pulled me in the other direction though: towards bed. Those thoughts were my friends. I slunk back under the soft covers into the warm and inviting bed. I closed my eyes, ready to fall into the arms of sleep.

My other thoughts tugged at me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment